KidServe in July: Caring Connections
For many older adults, the COVID-19 pandemic has required isolation from their family, friends, community, and church. This can be a lonely time and some seniors have been left feeling forgotten.
Throughout the month of July, International Children’s Ministries invites kids to submit letters and homemade cards to be forwarded to retired ministers in the Church of God of Prophecy. Kids are invited to write a special message or submit a drawing to help brighten the days of our seniors, many of whom have been isolated for several months.
Here’s how it works:
- Parents or churches provide your kids with the necessary materials—paper, crayons, markers, and decorative supplies.
- Encourage them to draw a picture and write a special message, explaining they are writing to someone who has served as a pastor or minister in a church.
- Encourage them to include their first name and age on their creation.
- Kids can submit as many cards/letters as they wish.
- Children may include their return mailing address, with the permission of their parent. A return address is not required to participate. Those including their return address will receive a response from the International Children’s Ministries Offices and may receive a response from their pen pal.
- Gather the cards/letters and mail to Children’s Ministries’ KidServe, COGOP International Offices, PO Box 2910m Cleveland, TN 37320-2910
Thanks for encouraging your children to participate in this unique opportunity.
If you have any questions, you may email email@example.com.
Download this informational flyer here.