TIPS FOR YOUR VISIT
Fields of the Wood is a unique biblical park situated on over 200 acres of land in the Smoky Mountains. Here are some useful tips to help make the most of your visit.
- We are open everyday from sunrise to sunset. Our Gift Shop is open everyday. Click here for their hours of operation.
- Guests visiting Fields of the Wood should allow at least 1½ to 2 hours for the visit.
- Most areas of the park are accessible by automobile, but because our monuments are located on two hills, we recommend you wear comfortable shoes.
- Free parking is available, including auto, bus, RV, and disabled spaces.
- All monuments are outdoors, therefore you will want to check the local weather before visiting the park. Also, remember your sunscreen.
- Service animals are allowed in our gift shop and cafe.
- Visitors should bring their own strollers and wheelchairs.
- There are plenty of picnic areas and several pavilions available for those bringing personal food and beverages.
- Bookstore merchandise is available at posted prices, which do not include N.C. state sales tax. Cash, personal checks, American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa are accepted.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, and firearms are not permitted on the property.
- Admission is free, but if you’d like to make a contribution, donation boxes are available throughout the park.
- Groups are permitted to use our baptismal pool. To confirm that it will be available on the day of your visit, please call (828) 494-7855 in advance of your visit.
- Groups may also be interested in accessing the First Assembly House, located approximate 1.5 miles from the park. Please call (828) 494-7855 in advance of your visit to check on availability.