Employment OpportunitiesChurch of God of Prophecy
White Wing Christian Bookstores
Murphy, North Carolina
Fields of the Wood
The Administrative Services Department of the Church of God of Prophecy International Offices invites you to check with us frequently for job postings and important information regarding the management of our most valuable resource — our staff.
Contact us to Setup an Interview
Church of God of Prophecy International Offices
Attn: Administrative Specialist
P.O. Box 2910
Cleveland, TN 37320
Phone & Email
Business Office Manager
POSITION: Business Office Manager
DESCRIPTION: The Business Office Manager is responsible for managing the Business Office processes and records of Accredited Ministry Development and Spirit and Life Seminary. The Business Office Manager will keep track of payments made by students enrolled in the Certificate in Ministry and Theological Studies program and other programs offered by educational partners and will process payment posting and student payment requests as needed. This employee is required to communicate regularly with students to make sure they submit payments on time and are aware of Business Office policies and procedures. The Business Office Manager will correspond with partnering institutions to receive updates and address student issues related to billing. This employee will provide students with information and options related to payment plans as needed. This Business Office Manager is expected to collaborate with SLS/AMD staff, educational partners, and COGOP leadership to address billing issues and plans for domestic and international cohorts. This employee will assist with promotion of AMD and SLS programs and special events as needed. The Business Office Manager will report to the Director of Accredited Ministry Development and complete other tasks as assigned by the Director.
SALARY RANGE: Salary based on qualifications.
QUALIFICATIONS: The candidate should have strong communication skills, both in correspondence and on the telephone. The candidate should be able to adapt quickly to change, be able to multitask, and do data entry as well as be willing to travel to promote AMD programs on occasion. Must have knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, and Excel, as well as basic knowledge of accounting and/or billing. Must demonstrate an ability to collaborate with educational and ministry partners. Proficiency in English speaking, reading, and writing is required. Proficiency in Spanish would be a benefit. An associates or bachelors degree in business, finance or related degree is a plus. Experience in accounting, billing, and/or office management is preferred.
Must be available to begin on or soon after April 3, 2023.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 29, 2023
Administrative Services Department Church of God of Prophecy
P.O. Box 2910 Cleveland, TN 37320-2910
COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT PROOFREADER/COPY EDITOR
The Communications department at the International Offices of the Church of God of Prophecy provides connectivity to all the members of the Church. It is of vital importance that all publications and internet communication which are produced by and sent from the International Offices departments present clear and precise communication. The copy editor must possess quality editorial skills in order to see that this is made possible.
I. White Wing Messenger
The copy editor will proofread and edit articles and other materials for the Church of God of Prophecy’s monthly magazine. Several edits and multiple readings are part of the process. The copy editor will assist the managing editor with compiling and producing the magazine and will interact with the Art department to assure that corrections have been made. The person who fills this position will also function as a staff writer as needed.
II. Editorial Department
The copy editor will perform a first edit on all materials submitted for publication from outside the department as well as proofread materials in multiple formats and differing stages of the publishing process.
III. Assembly Year
The copy editor will assist the Chief Clerk prior to and during the Assembly, assist in the scheduling/coordination of Assembly clerks, proofread Assembly sermons/departmental reports, and assist in the production of Assembly Minutes (proofread, layout, review Press proofs)
IV. Social Media
The copy editor will create content for social media and website posts, proofread all posts prior to publication, as well as monitor and review Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, cogop.com, and other sites for accuracy and timeliness.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Freelance work is negotiable.
Health insurance, paid time-off, and other benefits available for on-site employees only.
Please submit resume or letter of introduction to email@example.com
POSITION: Translator/Interpreter (Full Time-40 hr)
The Translator/Interpreter is responsible for facilitating cross-cultural communication through the process of translating from one language into another language. It is the work of the translator to convey the ideas and concepts between different languages and cultures. The person must thoroughly understand the subject matter in order to convey the information accurately. The Translator/Interpreter must be culturally sensitive and utilize the principles of cultural competency.
SALARY RANGE: Salary based on qualifications.
- Fluent in English and French
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Understand the grammatical and orthographical rules of both languages
- Computer literacy and Microsoft Office efficiency
- Translate a minimum of 2,500 words of general material a day
- Cultural competence and sensitivity—knowledge and application
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Work well in a team environment
- Skilled in proofreading for accuracy
- Skilled in editing for cultural competency
- Editorial judgment
- Knowledge of proofreader marks
- Familiar with Christian Holiness/Pentecostal nomenclature
- High prioritization of quality
- Self-motivation, independence, and prioritization of tasks
- Deadline consciousness and compliance
- Pass with proficiency the translation exam from the World Language Department
- Read through source material and rewrite it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained.
- Utilize specialist dictionaries, thesauruses, and references to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used
- Utilize appropriate software for presentation and delivery
- Liaising with clients to discuss unclear points
- Providing clients with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text—typically as a Microsoft document
- Entering corrections from the Proofreader
- Prioritizing workload to meet the intended timeframes
- Simultaneous interpretation of telephones calls for other departments
- Simultaneous interpretation during church functions/events
- Setup of equipment for interpretation during church functions/events
- Available to travel to various locations as assigned to assist with interpretation at church functions/events
- Required attendance at the International Assembly of the Church of God of Prophecy for interpretation purposes
- Perform other duties related to the World Language Department as assigned by the Department’s Coordinator
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30, 2021
Administrative Services Dept.
Church of God of Prophecy
PO Box 2910
Cleveland, TN 37320-2910