Still wanting more fresh ideas for the summer? Check out these options.
- Recruit school teachers in your congregation that may have the summer off and be willing to volunteer their time.
- Recruit summer volunteers to give your regular volunteers a break.
- Choose a summer theme and decorate your environment—leave it up the entire summer
- Change the format of your ministry. For example, instead of a mid-week Bible Club, involve children in service projects.
- Take advantage of the outdoors. Plan lessons and activities that can be done safely outside.
- Stay connected with your families who may be out of town through social media, notes, and phone calls.