Most children’s ministers have ideas for special events they would love to see happen at their church. Summer is the time to turn those ideas into reality. Here are some suggestions:
- If your church has a gym or outside play area, offer an open gym once a week for a couple hours and provide a simple snack.
- Schedule family movie nights. Outdoor movies are particularly exciting for families. Remember to always include a devotion related to the movie.
- Involve your senior saints by asking them to organize a fun event for children and their families such as an ice cream social.
- Water Day: Invite families to participate in water activities.
- Sports Day: Schedule an adults vs. kids sports game. You could play soccer, basketball, kickball, or any sport that is popular in your culture.