In her article Connecting Your Church to Your Community author Krista Petty says, “While no two congregations follow the same blueprint for community involvement, most have had to answer the following six questions along the way to becoming more externally focused.”
- What is our congregation’s current view of outreach ministry?
- What is our current ministry programming?
- How are we preparing people for externally focused ministry?
- What are the needs of our city?
- Who can we partner with?
- How can we get everyone involved?
Gather the leadership team of your church and discuss the answers to these questions. Consider expanding this discussion with other churches or organizations in your community.