Recruit with this understanding: nursery ministry is a significant ministry. Nursery ministry meets the needs of babies and their families. It creates positive memories of church in the minds of each infant and toddler. It helps establish in the heart of each child a sense of who God is and His love.
- Invite parents to participate in nursery ministry.
- Invite extended family members such as grandparents, aunts, and other relatives to participate in nursery ministry.
- Ask a mother or father to share with the adult congregation how the nursery has blessed their family.
- Follow a baby dedication with a challenge to the church body to show their commitment to these children by volunteering to serve in the nursery. Have volunteer cards available to enable perspective volunteers to respond immediately and conveniently.
- Prepare a scripted video or slide presentation of nursery ministry. Include the purposes of your nursery ministry and pictures of volunteers as well as babies and toddlers.