The day of your event has arrived. You are excited and nervous at the same time. Before you begin any last minute preparations, take time to pray. Pray that God will help you fulfill His purpose and share Jesus. Some important things to remember on event day:
- People will start arriving well ahead of your start time. Have everything ready in advance, so you can concentrate on talking with those who arrive early.
- Be sure that your volunteers know the importance of arriving on time. I would suggest asking all volunteers to arrive at least 30 minutes early.
- Have a plan in place for communication during the event: cell phones, walkie-talkies, or even a teenage runner to deliver messages.
- Be available. There will be last-minute issues and problems. Be prepared to deal with them by not having anything left on your personal to-do list. Complete those items the day before the event, so you are available to focus on any last minute problems.
- Even if you are nervous, appear calm and in control. Ask God for His strength. Your volunteers are looking to you as an example.