Over the past year God has been doing some wonderful things for Heritage Ministries, and more specifically, for Fields of the Wood. Support has been growing, as has park attendance. But the park is nearly 75 years old, and many, if not all, of the markers and structures need attention. The park has stood as a testament to the faithfulness of God for 75 years, and we want it to thrive for another 75. We have labeled this undertaking as our “Fields of the Wood Renewal Campaign” (#fowrenew).
Over the past year, smaller projects have been the focus:
- Water has been run to Prayer and Ten Commandment Mountain.
- A new employee was hired to begin the daunting task of pressure washing everything.
- The road atop Prayer Mountain is being extended to reroute near the exit.
- We’re continuing to clear and trim overgrown tress and hedges.
- The bathrooms behind the café have all new commodes and fixtures.
- Problematic septic issues have been addressed.
- Pool pump and equipment is new, with a new liner coming in the Spring.
People from around the globe continue to help! And you can join in the renewal process too! We have recently simplified the donation process through a new website, fowrenew.org. Anyone who wants to give to the renewal project can go to fowrenew.org and simply click the donate button. Or, a check can be mailed to our offices with “fow renew” in the memo line.
Finally, we want to inform you about an exciting possibility for giving before the end of the year. A certain donor has been trying to help us renew the Bible at the top of Ten Commandment Mountain, and has committed to DOUBLE gifts given to this project before the end of the year! So anything given before Dec. 31st will be twice as much as you give!
We do hope you’ll consider helping us RENEW Fields of the Wood! Help us continue to declare God’s faithfulness from the Hills of Murphy, North Carolina!