My dear brothers and sisters, dedicating your lives to singing for Jesus: (How about this for a strange thought for the day!) Have you ever thought about the people who will stand before the throne of God at Judgment? Scripture tells us that there will be “sheep and goats”(Matt 25:31-34, 41, and 46). But, among the “goats,” who will be there? I can think of 5 varieties of “goats.”
- “THERE IS NO GOD” GOAT. “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe WILL BE CONDEMNED.” (Mark 16:16).
- “I’M A GOOD PERSON” GOAT. The young man who came to Jesus and asked: “Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?”(Matt. 19: 16-30) Jesus answered:“…keep the commandments.” There are 613 in the Old Law. If you want to gain eternal life through your good works, you must keep all the commandments from birth until death. Only one man has ever done that – Jesus, He will say to many who did great works (but did not accept Him as Lord and Savior): “I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!“ (Matt. 7:22-23)
- “I KNOW ABOUT HIM, BUT I DON’T ACCEPT HIM” GOAT. “Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the Day of Judgment than for that town.” (Matt. 10:15).These goats have seen the miracles; but, because they still refuse, their fate is sealed.
- “HE’S NOT THE ONLY WAY” GOAT. “…NO ONE comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6) “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is NO OTHER NAME under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)
- Finally, THE “I KNOW HIM… I’M JUST NOT READY” GOAT. This is the saddest of all the goats. They know Him for Who He is… They believe he is the Living Son of God. They know he is the only way to salvation and eternal life; but, they’re just not ready to ask Him into their hearts as their Lord and Savior. They’re not yet ready to live their life for Him. Philip P. Bliss said it in song in 1871 and it’s still true today…
♫Almost persuaded” now to believe;
♫Almost persuaded” Christ to receive;
Brothers and sisters, time is short. DON’T BE A GOAT. “…Jesus said…“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” (Luke 19:9-10)
OUR FATHER WANTS US TO BECOME HIS SHEEP TODAY!
FaithLine, the bible says: “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved…”